People might not know that I started taking lessons in the second grade. By my senior year, I had three classes a week, plus a class every day at school. I never majored in dance in college, but I took a class almost every term I was on campus.
Eventually I graduated. I gained weight. I moved to Virginia. I was unhappy. I found a Modern class that didn't mind that I was above the age of 18, but that ended. This fall I started ballet again, and found that I was carrying around too much weight to dance. It broke my heart, and lead to me joining Weight Watchers.
But in spite of all of that, I adore So You Think You Can Dance. Now, while I don't always agree with the judging, or who they select to leave, I do enjoy it.
And now... my favorite routines.. accompanied by YouTube clips (if I can find them)
- Allison and Ivan- Why
- Hok and Jamie- The Chairman's Waltz (The Flower and the Hummingbird)
- Kupono and Kayla- Gravity (Addiction)
- Jason and Jeanine- If it Kills Me
- Ade and Melissa- This Woman's Work
- Calle Ocho.. I think the top 16
- Allison and Alex- Hallelujah
- Billy and Kathryn- Jar of Hearts
- Alex and Twitch (later Twitch and Ellen)- Outta Your Mind
- Melanie and Marko- Turn to Stone
- Allison and Ricky- Precious Things
- Top 5 girls- Ave Maria
- Rama Lama Bang Bang (this one is with Wade Robeson dancing)
- Evan and Randi- Koop Island Blues
- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
- Blackbird (From Australia)
And more if I can find them