We do this every summer. People are scarce. We get antsy. So we clean.
Last week it was the book case in the work room. Do we need Word Perfect for Dummies? The manuals on Win 95? 87 copies of last year's catalog?
Today it was the faculty lounge. We sorted through coffee mugs. We realized that we have 4 coffee makes. 5 if you count the pod coffee maker that they no longer make pods for. (The box was dusty and sun faded)
Some interesting things we've tossed out:
- 4 boxes of 5 1/4 inch disks
- 4 plastic calendar holders that had no refills
- a box of Win 95 disks
- 7 baskets for coffee... you know, that go inside a big coffee maker.
- the innards of a Britta pitcher.
- coffee stained cups
- the plastic tops that cover a deli tray
- birthday candles
- a 6 pack of Heineken, that is at least 3 years old.
I still am finding things in my desk that belong to the two previous occupants.
And now.. I'm off to take a pile of crap to the dumpster!
Post a Comment