And then I lost my nerve and didn't pursue it.
But I recently decided that my butt needed some kicking, so I signed up for my free class. What was the worst that can happen?
I then had nightmares of falling off the treadmill, like in those YouTube videos. (Spoiler alert, It didn't happen!)
Bright and early on Saturday morning, I went in for my class.
|also from orangetheoryfitness.com|
The class is an hour. You either start on the rowing machine, or the treadmill. I started on the rowing machine. It's 600 meters on that, then over to the weight area to do some exercises (Think Insanity-like exercises, but with the occational TRX strap thrown in... and weights) . Then back to the rowers. Back and forth for half an hour.
Now, here's the thing. You go at your own pace. And my pace was SLOW. So I pushed myself. (BIG mistake! I'm STILL paying for it!)
Once on the treadmill, I decided to power walk. I walked, I walked fast, and instead of playing with my speed, I played with my intensity. We had a half hour of this too.
(Side note: Someday I want a big enough house to have a treadmill. I could have done that half hour easier if I was watching a show)
And this is how I did. I KILLED it. I was exhausted, and in need of food, a shower and a nap afterwards.
I overdid it in in the tricep moves on the TRX band. My thighs are feeling it too.
- Going in and working out with other people is motivating.
- No one in there bothers you. You do your thing, they do theirs.
- It's a total body workout, that really focuses on the cardio (which I need)
- It can be customized to your own fitness level, you're not actually expected to keep up with the big kids.
- The price. It's like $60 or $70 for 4 classes a month (Which is the MOST that I'd do). A friend did the math and said it was around $15 ish a class... which in a yoga studio is pretty average.
- After you join, you need to drop money on a heart monitor.
- I'm already paying for Beachbody on Demand ($99 a year).
Am I going to join? Probably, if I can juggle the finances to make it work. (I'm trying to convince the Spousal Equivalent that he needs to try it!) I KNOW I'd do the lowest package. I see this as a Saturday or Sunday morning activity. I'd use the rest of the week for my Beachbody videos.
Sound interesting? The first class is free. But don't be me. Don't overdo it.
Post a Comment