Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Crawlin Crab 2015 and beyond

After problems with the weather, the 2015 Crawin Crab 5K and Half happened this past weekend.

Honestly, the 5K was a good race.  I took it easy.  Apparently I needed to take it easier.

Feet into the half marathon, I knew I was in trouble.  My shins and calves were screaming in pain.  By mile 3 I called the Spousal Equivalent to ask if it was OK if I quit.  But I didn't quit.  After the 5K mark my legs started to warm up.  I had long since given up on my run timer.  I started to run blocks, and pick landmarks to run to.  Sadly, that lasted until the 10K mark.  I walked the rest of the race.

I passed the 12 mile mark and saw someone sitting on the side of the road.  It was the SE.  I cried when I recognized him.  he was worried that I was still on the course.  (he mistook 10K for 10 miles.)  He walked me to the straight away, then left to pull the car around.  

I finished the race.  My time wasn't bad.  My legs were screaming in pain.  We rode home.

At home I tried to get out of the car and couldn't.  My right calf muscle has seized up.  We limped in, and thankfully Misty went out on walkies with the SE.  I honestly scooted up the stairs on my
butt when I went to take a shower.  Once clean and dressed in jammies, I warmed up soup.  I ate it in the bread bowl that I snagged from yesterday's race.  I also made myself a smoothie (with Tropical Strawberry Shakeology)  

After long races I seem to have issues with my body temperature.  I'm always cold.  Chugging a smoothie didn't help.  With the help of a warm puppy and 5 blankets, I settled in for a well deserved nap.

The next day I got to visit the Imaging pavilion for the third time in 3 weeks.  This time it was for a breast biopsy.  I was laid on my stomach, with  my boob dangling through a hole and lifted up.  Like I was a car getting an oil change.  it wasn't too painful.  Just very scary. I did come home to some flowers.

All in all it's been a rough few days.  I'm still limping and sore from the race.  The skin of my book is all itchy and raw from the tape.  I can't exercise.  I'm rather cranky today because I couldn't exercise.

I should receive my results by Friday.  And then I can resume my life.  And figure out the next mystery.  I'm on day 75 of my cycle, which is something like 40 days too long.  And I'm gaining weight, and can't seem to do anything about it!

No comments: