Two major things are happening this month (both of which have been on my mind of late): Me jumping back on the exercise wagon, and Thanksgiving.
But I've been working on my portion size and letting the exercise slip. And my pants are growing snug. That is unacceptable to me. Hell, I might even thrown in a weekly OrangeTheory workout to the mix after we get back from our vacation.
(after visiting the House of Mouse I'll need it!)
|This is me like all the time now! it's a month away!|
The other thing I've been thinking about is Thanksgiving.
I have a friend that is, rightly so, spreading awareness that the Thanksgiving story is bullshit.
Not everyone knows this, but I don't think that anyone is very surprised.
So my friend is boycotting Thanksgiving. As is her right. Good for her!
Am I? Well....
- I'm not having a Thanksgiving day dinner. We're doing it that weekend. I always have Turkey day with the BFF. But it's not like we're "celebrating" anything. It's more of a case that people have big dinners at this time, so we are too. (We usually repeat this dinner around Easter)
- I've never done the whole posting what I'm thankful for on Facebook thing.
- There's MASSIVE food sales in November, in perpetration for Turkey Day. If what I want to eat is on sale... who am I to day no?
- I do watch the Parade, but that's mainly to watch the Broadway Performances.
- I'm planning on doing a huge bunch of batch cooking on the first day of the break, so I don't have to invest much energy in cooking for the rest of the weekend. I do the same thing for Christmas!
Am I celebrating Thanksgiving? Yeah.. kinda. But what I KNOW I'm celebrating is a 5 day weekend. The 5 Day Weekend will include a nice dinner with my BFF and her family.
But totally, the Thanksgiving Day story... it's crap. The whole sorted business was awful, and we need to remember that Native Americans are getting the wet end of the shit stick. And I'm still going to make ham and pumpkin pie.
Post a Comment