Seriously, there's spoilers here!
I left the movie with thoughts..
- I liked the movie. It's not stupendous. But for a DC movie, it's not too bad.
- It's got the DC weakness of trying to cram 4 hours on movie in a 2 hour movie.
- Because of the MASSIVE amount of characters, some of them got the shaft. (Captain Boomerang wasn't a character, he was a caricature. )
- The 1 native dude was killed in like 10 minutes. RIP Slipknot, we hardly knew ya. (Doing research, the comic book character look not to be Native... but they did cast Adam Beach...)
- Bravo with Will Smith playing Deadshot!! I actually think that was a more fully realized character than Harley Quinn. Also I don't believe the original character was African American. It goes to show that you can cast roles like this with the best actor for the job, regardless of the color of their skin.
- Nice double-cross on the audience! We were all thinking that Enchantress was part of the team. No!! She's the antagonist!!
- But we all know the REAL villain of the movie was Amanda Waller.
- Masterful use of music... rather Guardians of the Galaxy-esque!
- Diablo!!! I LOVED his character! He was a complete character. We saw the growth. We understood his motivation! We saw him seek his redemption!! Then he died. I get that it had to happen that way.... but still. LOVED this guy!!
- Margot Robbie was AMAZING as Harley Quinn!! Like seriously amazing!!
It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.
Now, let's all start praying that the studio doesn't
f*ck up Wonder Woman!!