I've not been in the best of places over the last few days.
- Classes are starting next week. 2 weeks early
- Classes are taking places online and in weird places around campus
- Every. Single. Email. that campus comes out with has a new portent of disaster (salary reductions and furloughs have been mentioned)
- I have a million problems and not a single damn easy solution in the bunch!
- I have to do manual labor at work. In a mask! Which sucks!
- My house is a mess but I don't have the mental capacity to even deal with it!
- I feel like there's something awful on the horizon (losing my job, getting sick, death) but I don't know when or where it'll strike.
- My downstairs toilet doesn't like flushing anymore
- The daily thunderstorm is a nice touch....
- Oh, and it's hurricane season.. so that's fun!
My normal coping mechanisms generally require people.. and can't be done in the wake of a pandemic. I feel like I'm about to cry. But the tears never come.
I also know that by the end of next week most of my stressors will be taken care of, and things will get easier.
In other news, I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel. I wonder if anyone would subscribe?