We drove from Newport News, Virginia to Durham, North Carolina.
Because we had tickets for HAMILTON!!!!
The BFF found us a great deal on a room at the 21C Museum Hotel. Not only was the hotel (which contained an art gallery) really cool... it was 2 blocks away form the theater!
|Yes, the hotel supplied a rubber duck. If the bathtub could have been stopped to take a bath, it would have been perfect!|
I picked up the tickets, and had to sign a paper acknowledging that the seats had limited view.
Now, what everyone is here for: The Show!!
- This show is an amazing piece of stagecraft! I love the way the choreography helps propel the narrative. Most knows with dance breaks (I'm looking at you Anything Goes) the narrative takes a rest during the dance number. Not Hamilton! And the use of the turntable is amazing!!! I also think having Burr narrate the show AND be the "villain" (in an unreliable narrator kind of way) is brilliant!
- As a theater nerd, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of the costuming (especially the female dancer's outfits). I want to see how they are put together!
- I SO want to learn the Yorktown Choreography!
- I've never seen the Broadway version, but just hearing variations between the actors is very cool!
- The guy that plays Burr in the Philip Cast is Nik Walker, and he's hilarious!
- I loved the Jefferson/Madison duo of Kyle Scatliffe and Fergie L. Philippe. They played off of each other and it was a delight to watch!
- I spent most of the performance knowing that I'd seen the person playing Washington (Marcus Choi) before. I have.. He was on Luke Cage!
- The Eliza/Hamilton duo of Shoba Narayan and Joseph Morales were simply amazing! the dept of emotion these two brought was incredible.
- I'd LOVE to see the show again. I'm sure that I have more thoughts, but I was so wrapped up in everything I think my brain stopped working!
Post a Comment