- I don't know why the regular police force is that darn armed. I've heard accounts from military folks that claim the police are holding their guns in way that are threatening. Seriously, this isn't Kabul.
- Protesting is a protected right. And if you're simply standing there chanting, who are you hurting. Why do the police feel the need to pepper spray people who are simply sitting and protesting. Who are they hurting?
- Now looting and rioting is another thing all together. Seriously, I get that you're pissed off, but does that give you the right to break into someone's business and take their stuff? How is this solving anything? And meeting violence with violence is never a smart idea.
- We all know that this comes down to race. I don't think there would have been shots fired if it was a white guy.
- And here's John Oliver, who said it better than I ever could:
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
I've watched the events unfold, and it's taken me a few days to figure out my feelings...