So what did I do? I pre-made some chicken! Want the recipe?
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
- one onion, chopped
- a bag of frozen chicken tenders (you know... from the store's freezer section), thawed
- chopped garlic
- 1 can low fat, low sodium chicken stock
- Place the thawed chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- cook the onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until they soften and brown a bit.
- add some spices (salt, pepper, spice blend... I used Mrs. Dash) to the onions and cook it for a minute more.
- deglaze the pan with the chicken stock
- add the whole skillet full to the chicken
- slap the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 3-5 hours
- When the chicken is done, remove the chicken, shred it, and put it back into the broth.
If I wanted to make it Mexican themed, I'd swap out some of the stock for tequila, use a packet of taco seasonings and some lime juice on the chicken.
Currently sitting in my fridge is a LARGE bowl of shredded chicken. I plan on adding it to stir fry, or making chicken tacos, or putting it on homemade pizza.
but because it's already cooked, it saved me a load of time!
Post a Comment