I don't want to hear them. They are vicious and nasty, from all sides!
I was asked whom I'm voting for. I answered: It's 2011... I'll know more in the summer. I don't know yet. But I do know that I have issues that I feel strongly about, and whomever I support needs to satisfy these more than others:
- Gay Rights. Seriously, if you're anti-gay I don't want you (this leaves most of the scary republicans out)
- Female Reproductive Rights- stop threatening Planned Parenthood!
- Health Insurance- Our costs are too high... and the pre-existing conditions have cost friends of mine their lives. (Obama took care of the pre-existing conditions.. let's hope it sticks)
- Religion- please don't be forcing your religious beliefs on me. This is NOT a Christian nation. READ YOUR HISTORY! This nation was founded on the principle of religious freedom. And I define "don't force your beliefs on me" as... your right to your religion ends where it interferes with me practicing mine. (So can we stop this Intelligent Design bullshit?)
- Cutting spending without a plan for more revenue. This is high school Econ folks!! Seriously.. ask ANY high school Econ teacher and they'll tell you the same thing.
- NCLB- it's bad. it's awful. The entire country's attitude toward teaching stinks (Well, not everyone... but you get what I mean) and something needs to be done
In other news, I had a panic attack this morning, about teaching Religious Education of all things. I can't do this! I was fired from three different districts for christsakes!
We all know it's not true... but still.. it's a little scary.
Post a Comment