Recipe adapted from here.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloins, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped(I used dried, and some Italian seasoning)
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or chopped very fine(Ours came from a jar)
- 1 cup Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc (I used Middle Sisters Moscato)
- 3 tablespoons Las Doscientas Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I just used what was at home)
- 1 1/2 cups Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce (I used A good quality sauce I bought at the grocery store)
- 1 baguette
Place cubes of pork in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle oregano and garlic over top and toss gently to coat pork. Add wine and mix thoroughly. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap. Marinate for at least 10 minutes, or overnight if possible. To cook the meat, add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium heat. Remove meat from marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Add pork to pan and sauté for approximately 7-10 minutes, until juices run clear. Stir in pasta sauce and simmer for another 7-10 minutes. Drizzle pork with additional tbsp of olive oil. Serve with pan juices and baguette for mopping.
So, this was the best. dish. ever. Seriously! We chopped up the meat and marinated it before we left for the Pride festival (a great time was had by all). Seriously, try this!
So, as I said, we were at Pride this weekend. It's a small festival, but nice. We talked to people and collected stickers. I even got a free HIV test (if you haven't been tested in the last few years, GO. I'm serious. Go. It's free most places), and a pile of rather interesting condoms.
It was rather disturbing to see the police out. I know they weren't there in case the gays got all rowdy. They were there because we live in Pat Robertson's back yard (seriously, he's less than an hour away). We left after lunch, because it was like 100 degrees!
And yes, I know that I'm on Weight Watchers. No, I don't know how many points it was. I don't care! It was GOOD!
Post a Comment