And then I lost my nerve and didn't pursue it.
But I recently decided that my butt needed some kicking, so I signed up for my free class. What was the worst that can happen?
I then had nightmares of falling off the treadmill, like in those YouTube videos. (Spoiler alert, It didn't happen!)
Bright and early on Saturday morning, I went in for my class.
|also from orangetheoryfitness.com|
The class is an hour. You either start on the rowing machine, or the treadmill. I started on the rowing machine. It's 600 meters on that, then over to the weight area to do some exercises (Think Insanity-like exercises, but with the occational TRX strap thrown in... and weights) . Then back to the rowers. Back and forth for half an hour.
Now, here's the thing. You go at your own pace. And my pace was SLOW. So I pushed myself. (BIG mistake! I'm STILL paying for it!)
Once on the treadmill, I decided to power walk. I walked, I walked fast, and instead of playing with my speed, I played with my intensity. We had a half hour of this too.
(Side note: Someday I want a big enough house to have a treadmill. I could have done that half hour easier if I was watching a show)
And this is how I did. I KILLED it. I was exhausted, and in need of food, a shower and a nap afterwards.
I overdid it in in the tricep moves on the TRX band. My thighs are feeling it too.
- Going in and working out with other people is motivating.
- No one in there bothers you. You do your thing, they do theirs.
- It's a total body workout, that really focuses on the cardio (which I need)
- It can be customized to your own fitness level, you're not actually expected to keep up with the big kids.
- The price. It's like $60 or $70 for 4 classes a month (Which is the MOST that I'd do). A friend did the math and said it was around $15 ish a class... which in a yoga studio is pretty average.
- After you join, you need to drop money on a heart monitor.
- I'm already paying for Beachbody on Demand ($99 a year).
Am I going to join? Probably, if I can juggle the finances to make it work. (I'm trying to convince the Spousal Equivalent that he needs to try it!) I KNOW I'd do the lowest package. I see this as a Saturday or Sunday morning activity. I'd use the rest of the week for my Beachbody videos.
Sound interesting? The first class is free. But don't be me. Don't overdo it.