So, instead of spending the night in, we went to the Roller Derby.
Years ago,I decided that I wanted to go out for the team. I wanted to be a derby girl.
Last night I really thought about it. Do I have the time and money? Money I can swing. But the time is at a premium. Add to that the fact that I turn 40 this year. I guess I'll have to shelve that particular desire.
Actually, there are a lot of things on that particular shelf.
- There is my stint in the SCA. A friend of mine was elevated to the order of the Pelican, which made me think fondly on those times. A lack of money, and a complete lack of desire to research put that activity on the shelf. I miss it, but I don't know if I fit well there.
- At one point I wanted to go back to school, for student affairs, or some such. Student loans killed that one.
I don't wan tot get to the end of my life and regret not doing something... BUT.. I also don't want to get there and regret not being able to do ANYTHING because I was spread too thin.
I think that instead I'm going to focus on what I can do. And what I need to do
- Finishing unpacking the house, cleaning it and making it fit for company
- My weight Loss journey
- Running the races that I've signed up for
- Managing money so I can save for my dream vacation
- spending time with my friends
- and doing all other things as time permits.