- High Jackman as Jean Valjean. I'm ok with this! Apparently they didn't just give him the role, he seriously auditioned!
- Russell Crowe as Javert. I know he has a rock background. But at least he's sung before!
- Anne Hathaway as Fantine. The kid's got some great Broadway chops. I approve
- Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thénardiers. Another thumbs up. They can both do crazy!
- Aaron Tveit as Enjolras. I've seen his work. I approve.
- Eddie Redmayne as Marius. Who?
- Amanda Seyfried as Cosette. They say she's had operatic vocal training. It could be ok.
- Taylor Swift as Eponine. What?? She beat out Lea Michele???
I'm curious to see how the rest of the cast stacks up. But I'd LOVE them to get the kid from the O2 concert to play Gavroche! he was great!