I've been thinking about what I've learned through Weight Watchers. Now, my weight loss ins't drastic. It's about a pound a week (which means I should hit my goal weight in a year). But here's what I've learned.
- If I deny myself, I'll end up bingeing. So portion control is important. I made desserts in muffin tins, and know the point values of them. I'd rather have 3 Hershey Kisses now, then eat the bag later.
- Portion control. I keep small bowls and plates around. Also package up leftovers in small containers soon after we eat, for lunches.
- Don't get discouraged. You may gain. Well, if you can, figure out why, and try to see if you can overcome it the next week.
- Weight yourself at the same time every week. It'll give you a more accurate gauge of your weight loss.
- And let others in on this. They can cheer you on!
And now, I'm having a small bowl of Mac n' Cheese.